Core Development Programme
In the Partnership, we believe there are three key sources of learning; ‘on-the-job’ learning, exposure to the business and other people, and formal learning. At every stage, we’ll help you be the best you can be.
This means our Graduate training and development programme combines a successful mix of support, structured learning and ‘on-the-job’ learning with wider, cross-functional business exposure. As well as ‘on-the-job’ learning all of our schemes offer a range of formal training courses that will teach you crucial business skills; our Core Development Programme is centrally organised and offers learning events designed specifically for our graduates. These events will bring graduates back together to create a platform of shared learning as well as an opportunity to learn from your peer groups’ experiences and deepen your knowledge of our business. Where appropriate, technical training will be offered to help you achieve even greater success in your career with the Partnership. In addition to on-the-job learning and formal training, you can look forward to being assigned a buddy to help you settle in to your department and a business mentor who will act as your guide and business guru.
We’ll support you however we can. But it’s up to you to drive your career forward. Do that and there’ll be nothing standing in the way between you and the highest levels of management.
Our Core Development Programme
Whether your ambition is to specialise in Technology or join the Leadership scheme, our comprehensive Core Development Programme is where it all begins. Alongside it, you’ll work towards developing your expertise in a chosen specialism.
It’s a fast-paced and stimulating programme designed to cover all aspects of life at the Partnership. You’ll hone your technical, commercial and managerial skills. And, at the end of it all, we’ll assess your senior management potential and highlight any areas where we can help you improve.
- Gain exposure to the most successful leaders in our business today
- Take on real responsibility fast
- Build an invaluable network
- Develop exceptional personal-effectiveness
- Gain first-class career development
- Benefit from the support of a buddy, senior mentor and line manager.
The Core Development Programme at a glance includes:
- Induction – As well as meeting graduates from every scheme, you’ll learn about what the Partnership can offer and our expectations of you.
- Product lifecycle project – With a team of graduates from across the Partnership, you’ll have six months to investigate the lifecycles of both a John Lewis and Waitrose product, before presenting back to the business.
- Six month summit – You’ll meet your graduate colleagues again, reflect and plan ahead.
- Live business project – Working in mixed teams, you’ll look into a current business challenge before feeding back your insight and recommendations to the business.
- 12 month seminar – You’ll network with graduate colleagues, mix with senior leaders, present your live business project findings and put together a personal development plan for the year ahead.
- Corporate Social Responsibility – Much of your programme focuses on helping you understand our business but we want to make sure you start to develop an external perspective to support your professional development. This will be delivered through an external corporate social responsibility project, working with a social enterprise organisation.
- Leadership event – A week-long event with your graduate colleagues and senior leaders, covering aspects of leadership with the Partnership.
Together, it all adds up to a truly outstanding opportunity and amazing support. But it’s up to you to make the most of the experience when you return to your on-the-job training in your specialist area.
Pay in the range: £25,700 to £36,300
Closing Date: 9/4/2017
Pay in range: £61,200 - £81,600
Closing Date: 29/3/2017
South East England
£8.00 - £9.00
Closing Date: 10/4/2017